Wednesday 25 August 2010

What about the music?

Here's a first; a request.
Somebody has requested me to make a music-related post, because they value my music taste that much that they would like me to recommend some more music. Touching stuff.
I feel like some kind of online blog-based DJ.

In truth I haven't made a post of this kind in quite some time, and I do enjoy passing on what I think is good music to others.

This one's for you Tamsin.
It's going to be a whopper.

First up we have the return of Klaxons with their lovely new single, Echoes.

 

 Next, you must have been living under a rock to have not heard this one yet. Drunk Girls by LCD Soundsystem.

Next, filthy trashy garage sounding indie. Sleigh Bells - Infinity Guitars.

Now the seemingly Marmite-esque Antony and The Johnsons with Thank you for your Love.

Here we are with the brand new single from The Cribs, Housewife.

Here's Bombay Bicycle Club's Ivy & Gold, a soundtrack for the summer we should have had, taken from the result of Flaws, their new album; the result of an interesting change in sound for the boys.

A song I discovered recently while watching Scrubs. The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel. It's a cover. The original was by Magnetic Fields. I just thought I'd put that one out there.

Here's a song from the quite frankly amazing Arcade Fire album, The Suburbs. It was difficult to choose just one track from the album, so I thought why not the title track?

Finally, here's Iron & Wine's gorgeous cover of New Order's Love Vigilantes. Such a beautiful, smooth and comforting voice.

Well there you go.
I hope you enjoyed that musical journey of what's been gracing my iPod lately.

Any thoughts, leave a comment.

Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so honoured! Love it :D
    Looking forward to playing through these - already adore Bombay Bicycle Club's new acoustic album and Book of Love :) Thanks Sam! x

    ReplyDelete