Wednesday 16 December 2009

Hospitals and more

I went to the hospital today with the mother. She had to go to physiotherapy for her arm.
So thankfully it was only a brief visit to the 'nice' part of the hospital rather than the death-and-suffering-filled part (which I have visited a little too much for my liking).
But still, I got the same sense of depression oozing from those bland, white, clinical walls; like the expressionless face with which a doctor gives out a diagnosis.
I could not be a doctor.
I felt the same sadness that I did as a boy seeing smokers outside the hospital, just as the lead singer of Editors does (see below).

Then I visited the city centre, saw a few friends and had a little shop with the mother. Everyone keeps asking how I could even bring myself to miss Plymouth after living in Cardiff.
I can't really explain it, because I know Cardiff is so much bigger and has so much more to offer, but I will never feel the same about it as I do about Plymouth. I see part of me in Plymouth. I just feel right there, content that it's not the best place in the world but it's where I was born and I've seen it grow as I've grown.


In other news, the nation has gone mad since the X-Factor finals. It seems these two chumps, Olly and Joe, have divided the fair maidens of our nation in two. I have heard pretty malicious comments from both sides of this argument, with some stooping to outright insults of each finalist. The best part is how much I've heard the term 'he just HAS the X-Factor' being bandied around.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you guys were all music geniuses? Oh no wait, you bought the Cheryl Cole album didn't you? Yeah, I thought so.
I loathe the term 'X-Factor'. It is just a gibberish marketing word which has no application to music whatsoever and is exploited to market the nation's next karaoke act. The average viewer of this show wouldn't know a time signature if it fucked them up the ass, yet they deem themselves fit to pass judgement on who has 'X-Factor'?

I'm not one to rise to silly trends and do what facebook groups tell me, but I didn't have 'Killing in the name of' by Rage Against The Machine so I have bought it.
I strongly urge you guys to do so too.
Even if we could get it in the top 10, it would be nice.
If it was number 1, I would love it (although it's never going to happen).
Simon Cowell has ruined Christmas.
He has stolen Christmas number one too many damn times, a slot which used to be taken by classic Christmas songs!
If he thinks I'm Scrooge, then he's the Grinch.


1 comment:

  1. hahaha and now we know it actually did make no.1 :P thats brilliant

    ReplyDelete