Friday 15 January 2010

The Universe

I just watched this video. It fascinated me and got me thinking about all the different galaxies out there and how our whole civilization, everything we've ever amounted to as a planet, is just a mere microscopic insignificant speck in the grand scheme of the universe.
Surely there must be other planets out there that just so happen to have the perfect conditions for life. If our planet is 1 of 9 (or 8 if you dismiss Pluto) in our solar system. It is the only planet of these 9 to have life.
So if 1 in 9 planets in this one solar system have life, then surely out of the billions of other planets out there, we can't be the only ones.

I leave you with the video.

Good Night.



3 comments:

  1. You sir, have been reading TSR. I am impressed.

    I wasn't sure how to feel about the video when I watched it but it raised all kinds of questions after and in fact, the discussion on TSR was pretty interesting at times. There has to be something else out there though right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been on there quite a lot lately.
    My post count has exceeded 500 and I look at those 5 little green gems I have as if they show for all the time I've spent there!
    Yeah, I think the notion of us being the only planet with life is absurd. Especially when you consider the sheer numbers of planets (and moons) in our Universe.
    It's all a bit Sci-Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought the Burj Khalifa was big lol :P

    ReplyDelete