I have stumbled upon a rather amusing facebook group. It lists things you will learn at university that were not in the prospectus. They're all so true. Here are some of my personal favourites and a few others I could think to add. For those of you who are going to university next year, this post is the warning that I didn't get:
- Pound Coins are like gold.
- Your book store bill will almost equal tuition.
- E-mail becomes your second language.
- You never realized so many people were smarter than you.
- No one is too old for video games.
- Campus is only clean for open days.
- You are no longer thankful that fire alarms are here to protect you.
- Cereal makes a meal any time of the day.
- Keys have never been so important, yet you seem to lose them even more.
- Procrastination is an art form.
- Jeans may be worn as many times as the wearer desires.
- A cancelled lecture is almost better than christmas.
- You'll eat anything if its free.
- You will play Fifa for hours on end until the early hours of the morning
- You will play 'Ring of Fire' or other drinking games every night before you go out!
- You will find yourself cooking at 4AM after every night out.
- You will eat the weirdest combinations of food just because 'It goes off tomorrow'.
- Facebook will prevent you from doing your assignments!
- You will miss dish washers.
- You will hate to see any food wasted.
- You will hate Fresher's Week by day two.
- You will cook whatever loses the least dishes.
- You will buy a takeaway just to avoid washing up.
- Nights out will become a currency. E.g. "That book costs one night out! I'll borrow yours."
- You will miss baths, despite the last time you had one being at least a year before coming to uni.
- Despite being an 'academic', practical jokes have never been more fun.
- You will call nights out with a team/society 'socials'.
- Rain will become the bane of your existence.
Feel free to add if you go to university or whatever.
3 years ago